Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Living in Utah gave me the tendency to forget how much fun St. Patrick's Day could be. While I was visiting friends in California, we went down to Santa Barbara. There were streets closed off for parades, and there were booths with all kinds of St. Patrick's day stuff. Not only that, all of the bars were opened up at noon and people were getting started early.
At about 3:00pm, my friends and I decided to eat at this little cafe. While we were eating, this lady who was probably in her 50's and totally wasted walked by, tripped on the curb, did a backwards somersault into the street, tried to get up, fell back down and brushed away some guy trying to help her up... talk about dinner entertainment lol.
After we were done eating, we went back to our hotel to get ready to go out for the night.
Another thing I forgot was so amazing is the fact that you don't have to pay cover to get into bars in California. In Utah, you have to pay cover to get into everywhere, and you have to have a membership or your money there is no good (lame... I think they dropped the membership thing now, but I'm not sure), so I stopped going. Also, in Utah, guys don't buy girls drinks, they're kinda cheap... in California, guys will line up to buy you a drink... oh how I miss it lol.
We went to about six different bars, and they were all different from the last. The first bar was super crowded and you could hardly move. We stayed there long enough to get drinks, finish and leave. The next bar was pretty much empty. We stayed there for awhile, but it was so boring I thought I was going to die. After that, we went to this London Pub bar, and that has to have been the worst. Everybody there was 40 or older... talk about lame.
There were a couple bars that had lines to get in, but they weren't that long, and we didn't really wait... they sorta just let us in. The last bar was probably the best. It wasn't too crowded, but there were hot guys everywhere. They had pool tables, so there were hot guys playing pool. They had a beer pong table, so of course there were hot guys playing. There was a jukebox in the corner surrounded by hot guys. The bouncer was hot, the bartender was hot, the guys coming in were hot, and the guys standing around outside were hot.
St. Patrick's Day was the best, and it was a great vacation before I leave for my basic training on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment