Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lost in the Woods

I’ve been at tech school for about a week now, and I really like it, Maryland is such a pretty state. Since I’ve been here, I’ve met a lot of cool people (mainly because most of them are in photography classes and I let them use me as a subject). The other day, one of the girls I met went hiking in the woods with me. We had never been on this trail, and we wanted to check it out (yes, Basic Training made me like hiking in the woods).
For the first little bit, we were smart and stayed on the paths marked out for us, but then it had been forever, and we decided to find a short cut back out of the woods. We got off the path and started exploring on our own. We ended up on a golf course, but then the golfers were yelling at us to get out of the way (good thing, because I’m pretty sure nobody wants to get hit in the head with a golf ball), so we ran back into the woods.
We started freaking out a little, because we couldn’t find a path and there was all of these deer running around. We started walking into the woods hoping to come upon a path, and we saw a fox (at least we hoped it was a fox and not a wolf or coyote). We finally found a path and started walking on it and then it just stopped. Since we were already lost, we decided to keep walking in that direction anyways. We ended up on another path, and I got excited because I thought it was a familiar path we were on earlier.
Turns out, it wasn’t, but we did find a really neat bridge with a creek running underneath it. We stayed along that path hoping that eventually it would lead us out or to another path. We came upon this broken bridge and had to walk through a bunch of mud (it was gross), but eventually we ended back on a familiar path.
We were lost for about two and a half hours, but we finally made it out of the woods. The moral of the story is that you should always stay on the marked paths if you don’t want to get lost in the woods or end up in a real life scenario of one of those horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment