Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seeing Things for What They Really Are

This past weekend, my eyes were opened to a new light. People I thought I could trust, people I thought I could rely on turned out to be two-faced backstabbers. Whenever I meet new people, I like to give them little tests to see if I can trust them or not (of course they don't know about it). I will do little things like tell them things (maybe true or not) and tell them not to tell anyone (of course these are things I wouldn't care if anybody else found out, but I make it seem like a big deal and like I would mind just to see if they are trust worthy people.
Anyways, I mentioned to this girl that I've been hanging out with that I had a crush on this guy in my flight, but not to say anything because I didn't want things to get weird or akward.
I left her alone with the guy shortly after I had told her, and she decided she was going to tell him what I had just said. Of course this guy wasn't into me, and that is ok, like I said before, I only thought he was cute... I'm not into him like that. At least this guy is cool enough to not make things weird, but that doesn't change the fact that if I can't trust this girl with something as small and stupid as me having a crush on someone, then obviously, she's not a trust worthy person.
Later on, that guy ended up leaving and we were talking to some other guys. I deffinately wasn't into them, but I was having a good time and didn't mind talking to them. I had to go to the bathroom, and while I was gone she told one of the guys that I was just out looking to get layed. Apparantly, he told her that he wasn't into that sort of thing, and now I have some random stranger thinking that I'm a slut.
Of course, while I was at the bowling alley I had no idea she was saying or doing this stuff, it wasn't until after she whined and complained to go back and we were walking that she told me. I asked her why she did and said all of that stuff. She said she wasn't doing anything wrong and that I shouldn't worry about what those guys think about me anyways.
After that night, I decided I'm not going to hang out with her anymore. This girl is bad news, if I keep hanging out with her, I'm going to get into some serious trouble that may even ruin my military career... which would ruin any chance of getting a decent job... I do not want that to happen.
During the week, I started talking to a few people about my decision, and I found out some more things that I did not know. I found out that because I was hanging out with this girl, people put me in a group with her as a trouble causer and someone that they needed to keep an eye on. People also decided they weren't going to hang out with me because I was hanging out with her and that they might get in trouble.
The less I hang out with her, I've been able to see her for what she really is. I've been able to see how bad it would've been for me to continue to hang out with her. Also, since I don't hang out with her anymore, more people are coming up to me and talking to me.
Sometimes in life when things are going wrong, you have to take a closer look at things and decided if there is something you can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment