Saturday, January 24, 2009

Filling Up Time

I'm a little upset with myself. This past week I didn't work out at all, and I've been giving into bad food cravings. At the same time, I think I needed the brake. Even though I wasn't working out, I was doing things for me. Every day in my email, I get fung shui tips and I save them, because I know that someday some of those tips will come in handy. One of the tips I got one time sounds a little crazy and maybe a little unrealistic, but it said, "if you're trying to change your outlook on life, try washing your windows."
People hear that and laugh, and I admit, it does sound a little crazy, but I tried it anyways. Honestly, I felt a little better about the way I percieved things. Another tip I got one time was, "If you're looking to increase your love life, move your bed away from the wall with enough space to walk." I'm not looking for serious relationships right now, but I am looking to spice things up. I am looking to improve my social life with the boys, and funny thing is, things have improved.

I had a friend on myspace for sometime, but we really never talked. One night I was online and he was online, and we started talking. We made plans to hang out and we ended up going to Grand Torino (I like to remember little details.. it makes life more interesting that way). We had such a good time that we planned on hanging out again the next weekend. This time, we went out to eat and then a movie. He payed for dinner, I payed for the movie (Texas Roadhouse and my Bloody Valentine... I've never seen a 3D movie, and I live in Utah, it's not like there's much to choose from in the restaraunt business).
Anyways, when things go really good, there's usually strings attatched... strings like the fact that he would be leaving for Iraq soon. I really liked hanging out with him and he was deffinately not a boring person, but I didn't want to do anything to lead him on in any way. It wouldn't be fair to either of us, he would be gone for 6 months, and what if someone met someone.. you know? So I turned into a nice little Utah girl and wouldn't let him kiss me (Utah will be the death of me... my exciting social life anyways lol).
The following Monday was his last night in town, so we hung out all day. We went to Ifly (a flight stimulater where you get to fly.. sorta... iflyuta.com), then we got ice cream, then we went to the mall, and then we went to go see Deffience in theatres. It was a good day, I had a lot of fun, and would be sad to see him go... but such is life so I moved on.

Last night, my neighbor, Jamie (the girl lol), called me and asked me what I was up to and if I wanted to hang out with a couple of guys. I told her I didn't have anything planned and that they better be hot guys or I'm going home. She assured me that they were hot. I got ready and went over next door. The guys weren't hot, but they were attractive, so I stayed. There was something very familiar about these guys, but I couldn't figure it out. We went and played laser tag and then we went over to one of the guy's house to play video games and watch a movie.
I finally figured it out. I had met these boys before. My sister and I were at a college halloween dance, and they actually came up to us. When I told them how I knew them, it finally clicked with them (apparently I had looked familiar and they couldn't figure out why).
So, that night wasn't too eventful, but now I have another guy to hang out with for the time being, and if nothing happens... well, I'm sure by then, I'll have met someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment