Friday, January 9, 2009

Taking My Life Back

For the past few months there have seemed to be things that were overwhelming. I had bills to pay, jobs to find, school to finish, the list could go on and on. Anyways, yesterday came to a breaking point. I have a New Year's resolution to get out of debt by 2010, and sitting around on my butt is not going to get this accomplished.
Yesterday, one of the jobs that I had applied for ran a credit check and came across some old debts that need to be settled. They told me that if I would like to work for them I need to set up some kind of a payment plan and have the first payment made by Monday (today is Friday just so you know).
I was worried, because for three months I wasn't working and I had bills that I had to catch up from then and other things that I had to take care of, and I really wasn't sure that I would be able to do it.
Then, I took a minute to just sit down and think about my options. My parents are very supportive about this job I applied for and are very excited for me to start working. This job is going to mean a lot of opportunity for me. I will finally be able to move out on my own and start doing things for myself. I decided to sit down and make a budget up that detailed all of the bills they have helped me with and how these present debts would factor in.
I have it shown about how much total it will be and I also have an idea that my paychecks can be deposited into my account and my parents can use it to take care of my bills.
I haven't exactly discussed this with them, but I'm pretty sure once I lay everything out for them, and they see how it will be put into effect, I think that they might actually be willing to help out.
Also, my positive thinking podcasts have really been helping me. Before, if I would have recieved this news, I would have broken down and probably given up, causing myself to go into deep depression. But now, I try and look at all positive aspects. I try and look at all of my options and see what I can fit into my life and make work for me. I'm sure my parents will be a little upset that I let things accumulate to what they are now, but they will always love and support me, and I know that they will allow me to work something out with them. I just have to be positive about this whole experience and know that it has taught me a lot.
Until I talk to my parents, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment